Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hand me my leather

These are definately our favorites in our shop right now: the vintage repurposed leather series...
Woven gemstones on gorgeous red vintage boiled leather. It features Amber, Onyx, Carnelian, Jasper, a copper coloured Freswater Pearl and Garnet, on red beading wire and Copper findings.

This vintage red leather, red Mookite and black Onyx necklace is light, delicate and bold, like the Calder hanging mobiles.It features gorgeous red vintage boiled leather, red mookite chips and black onyx chips, on red beading wire and Silver findings.

The gems and findings are all new.

The vintage leather comes from a wallet i bought in a flea market; it was like brand new, still in its original packaging, but obviously from the mid 70s... the wallet tore down in my hands as soon as i inserted my first card in it!
boiled leather does not age well, my friends ;)

No comments: