Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

simple vintage button flower stationery

These cards are ... as cute as a button!

.tomate d'epingles.
They have fast become my most popular item! And I adore doing them, so it's a win-win situation, really!

.tomate d'epingles.
preparing for the creation...

The lovely flowers are hand embroidered, featuring gorgeous vintage repurposed buttons.
The white cards are 4"x4" (10 cm x 10 cm) blank flat notes, made out of recycled paper.

.tomate d'epingles.
The green ones are a new model i created this weekend, and are 1 1/2" x 2" (3.75 cm x 5 cm) blank gift tags, also made out of recycled paper.

.tomate d'epingles.
The pink buttons are vintage, I hand thrifted them this weekend, and amazingly, they all match! That is very rare, in my experience, unless they are still on the card when i find them. The white mother of pearl buttons are also vintage.

.tomate d'epingles.

The yellow buttons are part of the batch of "rejected" buttons i came upon and salvaged...
They where tossed from the factory because they had slight imperfections... some have smudges, or are slightly oval, some are not perfectly embossed, and some even don't have all their wholes, or none at all!
I found myself with a bag full of unloved buttons! I just had to find them a new home!

.tomate d'epingles.
"marguerites"

They received rave reviews from the Indie Quarter Blog! Thanks so much!
.tomate d'epingles.

5 comments:

RaspberryLicorice said...

These are adorable, I favorited the blog through technoratti!

Serina

budanART said...

I have always loved your stitched-flower cards - just wonderful!

.tomate d'epingles. said...

thanks so much!

rikrak said...

oh i just love these! they look so gorgeous all together! really lovely!

.tomate d'epingles. said...

why thank you!

i'm sooooo into these just now! I just made a batch of 50 tags last night :)