Pages

Friday, October 12, 2007

Etsy Forums: Canadian Buy-Sell Party

Dandee initiated a thread on the Etsy forums, in March 2007, looking for other Canadian Etsy sellers that might be interested in participating in a Buy-Sell promotion. When I asked dandee about her reasons for starting this thread, this is what she told me:

"I originally started the Canadian buy-sell thread for two reasons. The first being, I had just opened up a shop on Etsy and wanted to find other Canadian sellers. The second was to seek out more Canadian-made items for my bricks-and-mortar store here in Winnipeg. Etsy is an amazing place to find all things cool and unique and my bricks-and-mortar store, Sew Dandee, is now featuring a bunch of Etsy sellers. So, the thread allowed me to network with these talented folks and for a lot of them my store was the first place they were selling outside of Etsy."

Not too long after that, I joined Etsy as a seller too. I started poking around the forums and discovered this fun network of Canadian sellers. I joined the Buy-Sell thread, and coincidentally my first two purchases were from dandee!


I've been chatting with this group almost every day since I first joined. But of course, even if you never make a purchase from the list and just come in and chat every day, you are just as welcome as all the others – we are the friendliest party for sure! Another dedicated member of the thread is WillowCat.Studio. When I asked her about the thread, she had this to share:

"I love the Canadian buy sell party on Etsy for so many reasons! The thread hosts beautiful-hearted people; this can be seen in both their talents and their words. This group, unlike others I have encountered, feels like you have entered into a room full of friends. When you post everyone seems happy to see you, supportive of your new products and excited when you have made a sale. I, for one, am glad that I found this thread and the people within it!

This party has been happening every day since dandee started it and all are welcome. Dandee and WillowCat.Studio and I all seem to agree that the thread is a great networking tool, a resource for shop and product feedback, an outlet for sharing with friends and getting support, and more generally, a place to make some new friends!

There is a new thread started in the Promotions section of the forums each day – search the forums for Canada and you'll be able to find us. See you soon :-)

3 comments:

Dre said...

great post Rhonda! Thank you for thinking of me :)

tanisalexis said...

Rhonda- ! What a touching and brilliant piece of work you've written about a fabulous way of meeting other Canadian etsians. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. xoxo
Way to go Canada Etsy!

Rhonda said...

aw thanks guys! it's easy to write nice stuff about such nice people :-)