Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

April Birthday Round Up

April showers bring May flowers, April Fool's Day and two Trans Canada Etsy Team birthdays! Now, I know this is a little belated and I apologize for that, but better late than never.

Our first April baby is Rhonda of My Hand Bound Books. She celebrated on April 12th. Rhonda makes the most incredible hand bound journals, and I am partial to the journals that she makes with recycled materials. These colourful beauties are made from scraps of pressed cardboard. Each one has 10 cardboard sheets, and an eye catching cover made from handmade paste paper. You can get them in Rhonda's online shop.

Happy birthday Rhonda! Hope it was a great one.




Our second April baby is Alesha of My Starry Eyed Studios, and Alesha Davies Fowlie Art. She celebrated on April 28th. Alesha's art is strongly based in nature images and many of her pieces feature animals and landscapes. This water colour piece titled Dancing Crabs is available as a professionally printed card that can be used either as a lovely greeting or it can be framed and appreciated as a tiny piece of art. I love the colours in this piece. The red of the crabs and the sand contrasts so well with the cool of the greens and the blues. Dancing Crabs is available from Alesha's online shop.

Happy birthday Alesha! I hope you had a wonderful day.

3 comments:

OffTheHooks/Crafty Ash said...

happy belated birthday to you both!!!
thanks for helping us celebrate, enthral!!!

Rhonda said...

Oh, thanks :D
I did have a nice birthday, it was on Easter Sunday so I got to hang out with my whole family.

Luttrell Studio said...

Happy birthday guys!!! I hope they were great ones!!