Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Trans-Canada Road Trip: TOOAQUARIUS and CLAYCHICKS


We are going to Calgary today to visit Elaine! Elaine works with polymer clay and has two Etsy shops that carry the fruits of her obsession. Claychicks carries her handmade, unbaked canes for other clay artists to use and TooAquarius carries examples of her finished beads and pendants. Elaine currently lives in Calgary, with the Rockies visible from her living room studio space and she says that the bustling city contrasts nicely with the prairies. In a few weeks she is moving to the much smaller town of Swift Current, Saskatchewan but she is happy to say that the Big Sky will follow her.

Elaine had a hard time picking her favorite Canadian bands. She says her list of favorites is eclectic, but admits to having had a big crush on David Usher of Moist for a long time. She also likes Barenaked Ladies, Nickleback, and the Tea Party. Elaine's favorite Canadian personality is her own grandmother, Barbara. Elaine says "my grandmother is a Canadian by choice. At the end of WWII, she met and fell in love with a French-Canadian soldier. They married and she moved from the city of Brighton, England to the very rural southern townships of Quebec. My grandmother is my muse and my company in my creative endeavors and has been my whole life."

Visit TooAquarius or Claychicks on Etsy and make a purchase before midnight on July 1st, and you will be entered into the Trans-Canada Road Trip giveaway with a chance to win some really super cool prizes. For all the details, you can check here to see the prizes and the list of other participating Etsy shops.

7 comments:

laurabucci said...

Hi Elaine, good luck with your move to Swift Current. I think I have passed through there on one of my cross-country trips! Hope you'll like it!

PrairiePeasant said...

I admire artisans like Elaine who can make such beautiful work with polymer clay!

OffTheHooks/Crafty Ash said...

great to "meet" you and good luck on the move!!!
wonderful work!

the rikrak studio said...

yay too! so nice to read about you!

Elaine said...

Hey Gang!

I actually timed this all badly and moved right in the middle of the promo but the Big Sky did follow me.

I may just have to put a window decal of the mountains on the living room window though...

Rhonda said...

shoot we missed you! guess we'll have to crash in an empty apartment tonight.

Pegg said...

Hi Elaine! I am so glad you had a good move!
It is very nice to see you too!!