Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Monthly Challenge! ... Autumn ...

The monthly challenge is a new feature on the Trans-Canada Etsy Team blog. Each month, a challenge will be issued and team members will submit a handmade entry that relates to the theme in some way. When the challenge closes, everyone will have an opportunity to vote for the entry that they think best represents the theme. Team members can submit items that are already completed if they wish, or they can create something entirely new.


"For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together.
For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad."
- Edwin Way Teale




The theme for September revolves around Autumn; my favourite time of the year. The colourful leaves, the noise of the kids going back to school, the harvesting of apples and pumpkins, and the crisp fall air stimulates all the senses and gives me a sense of well being.

I think the above quote perfectly sums up what autumn is all about, and team members can use it as a starting point to start thinking about items they have or could create that deal with the theme of autumn, harvest, gathering, sowing, or scattering.

Team members can submit their entries to Enthral Designs via convo. The deadline for entries is September 22nd. You must either provide a link to a listing with pictures of your item that I can use, or provide a good quality photograph. One September 25th, I will post the entries and voting will begin. On September 30th, the winner will be announced.

Start creating! I can't wait to see how everyone interprets this theme.

9 comments:

CraftyAsh said...

oohh exciting!!

Wild Woman Jewelry said...

wonderful idea!!!

Nadine said...

This will be fun! I can't wait to see the submissions.

Wisata Melayu said...

good posting and nice blog.. i can get many information in you'r blog..

thank's my friends...

do not forget to visiting my blog..

Come Visiting Truly Asia Melayu Tourism

Morgen said...

Thank-you Enthral. This sounds very exciting.

My Belle Bijoux said...

Sounds like a great challenge. I can't wait to see what everyone makes! Are we allowed to submit more than one item?

Sea Glass Designs said...

Sounds like fun!

Enthral said...

If you have more than one item to submit, that's fine!

lapaperie said...

Lovely idea! I *love* autumn, and am really looking forward to seeing everyone's entries!