Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

On the Sixth Day of Christmas....

The sixth day of Christmas. I can't believe it is already half over!! Only twelve more team members to meet. Let's meet today's two fabulous members.

First, we meet the ever cheerful rikrak, from our nation's capital – Ottawa! Rikrak is home to fun fabric items, made from upcycled vintage fabrics and new recycled eco-felt.

When asked what her favorite thing is about the holidays, she had trouble choosing just one. Here is what she had to say:

Gosh - I love so many things about the holidays, but I think my very favourite is our longtime family tradition of singing Christmas carols together around a piano, or carolling door-to-door. I feel so lucky to be part of such a musical family, and the sharing of those beloved tunes, that community of song, is one of my favourite holiday memories. I'm so thrilled that now little rikrak can join in the fun, too!

The rikraks are welcome to carol outside my door anytime!! Rikrak would also like you to know that until December 6th, you can enjoy 10% off any eco felt stocking order. Just type the word “celebrate” in the message to seller at checkout.

We're heading back to the Atlantic Coast yet again. This time we meet Rhonda of MyHandboundBooks. Rhonda's a very talented book-binder and her shop features journals handbound in leather, wood and paper. She also recently started making her own stunning marbled papers.

It seems that our Atlantic team members share a common trait: a sweet tooth, and Rhonda is no exception.

My favorite holiday recipe is this fudge! When I was a kid, my mother and my grandmother always used this recipe to make fudge. It always seemed perfect because it doesn't get too hard, always has a little softness in the centre.
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 - 225 g package chocolate chips
(or any kind of chips, use peanut butter chips for peanut butter fudge; use white chocolate chips for white chocolate fudge, etc!)
1 jar marshmallow fluff (small jar, about 200 ml)
1 tsp vanilla

Combine sugar, margarine, and milk in saucepan. Bring to full boil and boil for five minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in chips - stir constantly until all are melted. Add fluff and vanilla, mix until well blended. Spread in a 9"x13" pan. Cool at room temperature.

Rhonda is also offering a generous 15% off to all TCET blog readers. Just mention "TCET Special Offer" in the notes to seller when ordering then wait for a revised invoice before paying.

I think I need some eggnog to go with the fudge. Come back and join me tomorrow, when two more members will share their holiday memories. And remember, there is still lots of time to earn ballots to win the team goodie bag prize. Click the badge below for details.


2 comments:

the rikrak studio said...

oh i just love this series! thanks so much for having me - and how wonderful to read everyone's wonderful stories!

Rhonda Miller said...

thanks so much from me too - i'm just loving reading these every day :D

enjoy your yummy fudge!!