Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

On the Seventh Day of Christmas

Welcome to the 7th (delicious) day of Christmas. We are officially in the home stretch, and today we meet another two members.

Today, I would like to introduce you to Cathy of Tangente. Cathy is another of our members who hails from Ottawa. Tangente has a terrific knack for finding gorgeous vintage or sustainable fabrics, then skillfully turning them into one of a kind fashions.


Tangente is sharing with us her favorite holiday recipe, and a little holiday memory to go with it.

My favourite Christmas tradition is enjoying my mom’s Christmas Eve snacks. We drive approximately 1000km to spend the holidays with my family. On Christmas Eve, my mom makes us yummy eggs salad sandwiches, a shrimp dip and a variety of desserts. If we’re lucky, there are enough leftover sandwiches to eat on Christmas morning.

I’ve decided to share with you my mom’s Christmas dip recipe:

Christmas dip
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ c sour cream
¼ mayonnaise
½ bottle seafood cocktail sauce
1 can shrimp, rinsed and drained
1 green pepper, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 tomato, seeded and diced
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese

Mix first 3 ingredients in large bowl or food processor. Spread cream cheese mixture over a 12-inch platter or dip tray. Spread seafood sauce over cheese mixture. Scatter shrimp over sauce. Scatter vegetables over shrimp layer. Press down lightly. Top with shredded cheese. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Resist temptation to sneak a few taste tests during this time.

Serve with your favourite tortilla chips. Yum!


And now, please meet Tina from Saskatchewan. Tina creates incredible polymer clay pieces and sells them from her shop, Chicki. She also has a selection of photographs, some of which have been conveniently arranged into a 2010 calendar.


Tina shares her thoughts on the holidays and also a recipe for festive cheese ball.

I love Christmas on the prairies....the snow and the frosty covered trees. It is very pretty here at Christmas. I love to cook and bake during the holidays as well so I would like to share a recipe with you. This recipe came from my grandmother and it is now my tradition to make this and bring it to our family Christmas gathering every year. It is not a dessert or sweet but it is just as popular with my family. Cheese Ball 3 c. grated cheddar cheese (I like to use a strong cheese) 8 oz. cream cheese 1/4 c. sour cream 3 tbsp. mayo or miracle whip 1/4 c. chopped green onion Mix cream, cheese, sour cream, mayo until well combined and smooth. Add green onion and grated cheese. Form into a ball. Chill to firm up (I usually make this the day before I need it. Serve with crackers.

Wow. I'm stuffed. That was delicious!

Hey, did I mention that you can earn a ballot into our prize draw by writing a letter to Santa that includes one item from each of three of our participating sellers. Click here for the full list of participating shops and for more details on how to win our fabulous TransCanada etsy team goodie bag.

No comments: