Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Handmade in Canada - Central Canada

The party carries on as today we enter Central Canada - Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Meet PrairiePeasant and Chicki.

First stop, Winnipeg, home to Laura of PrairiePeasant. The PrairiePeasant shop is home to handbound journals, with covers made of up-cycled papers, fabrics and other materials.

Laura has chosen a classic Canadian literary character as someone she would love to meet.

I would like to meet the fictional Anne Shirley, also known as Anne of Green Gables. She had enough drive and spunk and honesty to share with everyone. I'm sure she would make any event interesting, and would probably have some ideas to boost my creative energy.

As a special party favour, PrairiePeasant is offering free shipping to Canadian destinations for the duration of the promotion.

Now into Sasketchewan, where we meet, Tina of Chicki. In Chicki's shop you will find gorgeous metal and bead jewellery and polymer clay pieces.

Tina would love to have the opportunity to meet singer/songwriter, Sarah McLachlan.

There are so many great Canadians and I am truly proud to be Canadian. One such talented and artistic Canadian I would love to meet would be Sarah McLachlan. I admire her work and am a fan of her amazing music. I would love to meet her and talk with her about her work and philanthropy over a cup of Tim's coffee. To me Timmies is a truly Canadian tradition.


Be sure to check out the sale section in Chicki's shop.

Remember that all purchases in any of our participating shops also earn you ballots for the grand prize draw - a gorgeous rug woven by fiveforty.

Click the badge below for more details.

1 comment:

Images by Lynn Ann said...

Hello! I'v e been invited to visit your blog by PrairiePeasant after I included one of the shops wonderful Etsy listings in my Canadian treasury. I'd love for you all to visit my treasury http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c2a4ee23d6d8eeffb88a044/oh-canada-lets-hear-it-for-canada-day#4c2a63e0b6426d919023b2b9

Have a happy Oh Canada! day!

~Lynn Ann