Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

We Heart Moms: Chicki

Bye Bye Birdie Glass and Brass Necklace

Today Tina from Chicki in Saskatchewan shares a special memory of her mother with us:

I have always been very close with my mom. She has always been the one I go to for advice first. Mom always made a point of telling me ever since I was young that I could come to talk to her and I know I can do that. I am very grateful of that and I try to tell my young daughters that as well.

I have many fond memories of mom from when I was young but one thing that I fondly remember is all of the barbie doll clothes she sewed for me by hand when I was a little girl. I loved to play barbies and thanks to mom I had a very cool collection of barbie clothes. Many of the patterns she used were patterns that she had made herself. I had very stylish barbies.

Crafting has always been something that I enjoy very much and I thank my mother for that interest. From a young age, mom taught me how to sew and knit and crochet. I remember crocheting scarves and blankets for my dolls. Mom made all of us scarves almost every winter out of bright yarns. I loved my scarves!

We would also make handmade gifts for loved ones at Christmastime. Mom taught me from a young age the value of handmade and I credit her with my appreciation for all things handmade!

Mom also taught me how to bake and cook. Once I was a little older, I was in charge of baking cookies, or muffins or cakes that we packed in our school lunches. I also had the chance to make supper on occasion, which was a real treat for me. My meal of choice was usually chili. I still enjoy making a good batch of chili!

I love my mom very much and am grateful that she is in my life every single day. She had taught me many skills that I hope will help me to be a successful mother myself. Thanks mom!!

*****************************

Tina is offering 10% off at both Chicki and Chick Beads as part of this spring promo. Please use promotion code SPRINGMOMS10.

*****************************

Click the We heart moms icon in the sidebar to view all the We Heart Moms participating shops, plus the details on how to win the $50 gift certificate.

And be sure to come back tomorrow for another great We Heart Moms post!

4 comments:

Brigitte said...

I love how your mother nurtured your crafting side!

PrairieBlossoms said...

Oh, I'm so jealous of your Barbie doll clothing collection! Thank you for sharing your story of the wonderful bond you and your mother have.

Tina said...

Thanks for reading!

drupal website development said...

Really very beautiful template design.It looks pretty awesome and attracts the co lour to every one.Thanks for your collection.